Are you using your vehicle outside of your home province?

utilisation vehicule province

Are you driving to the United States in your personal car for several weeks? Do you prefer the warmth of Florida over the chilly winter at home? Do you use your vehicle outside of Quebec for professional purposes? Don’t forget to notify your broker.

Depending on the insurance company, a “use outside Quebec” endorsement will be added to your insurance policy for a stay exceeding a minimum of 30 consecutive or non-consecutive days (up to a maximum of 6 months).

Remember, too, that different laws apply in the United States.

Unlike in Quebec, a driver in the States can be prosecuted in the event of an automobile accident.

This is why at Burrowes Insurance Brokers, we strongly encourage our insureds to increase their automobile liability coverage to $2 million.